As I hardly visit Lecturer Matthew for consultation due to unfavourable schedule timings, this was a much-needed session. In view of the coming scheduled some 1:1 tutorials with Matthew, my objective was to inform him on my work progress so far, with the following agendas planned:
- Overview of RJ & VL
- A kaleidoscope of colours: Portraiture & Still life rework
- fourth set: still life; Harold Davis flower Photography
- Moving images
- Rough cut progress: Especially the 5th.
- Structure of essay
Matthew’s advice were as follows:
- If I revisit BA2A project 1, I will have to manage my time more carefully.
- Make the work speak for youEssay
- Do not rely too much on description
- The Structure is good but perhaps too much (too large). I need to be more concise.
- Be reflective – let it inform developmentRough cuts – Blur, glitch, kaleidoscope, burning, 5th to complete
- for glitch, it is process driven
- for burning, watch out for the colour balance of the burning flames
- consider flash & ambient mix
- Research anamorphic lenses & effects
- video/time-lapse worked well.
- think about the 3 slots discussed.Photographers to look at
- Trevor Olly
- Tessa Traeger
Overall the session was extremely productive for me, as I could better understand his concerns in my works, and allow myself to reflect and consider my next course of direction carefully.