Consultation with James Cant was a much-needed session for me, as I have been quite concerned about not being able to find collaboration for my project assignments despite efforts in reaching out to people. His advice were as follows:
- UEA Geography & Environment Students could be a possible direction.
- I need to be proactive in selection and collaboration.
At the same time, I will also need to dwell deeper into my research on ‘provocative landscapes’.
- Look at Edward Burtinsky’s works: Oil & Water
- I should maintain visual research alongside contextual
- part of my definitions and developed through
- prache – if maybe this is how you understand ‘provocative’
- look into polemic, or Vennard Phillips.
I guess the main concern would still to be what will my first shoot be and why.